If you are standing at work for longer periods of time it’s important to get your posture right. Having the correct posture in any situation can reduce strain on your muscles and ligaments and decreases stress on the joints.
How should I be standing?
- your weight should be evenly distributed between your feet (don’t lean towards one side)
- knees should be slightly bent (don’t lock your knees into extension or hyperextension)
- feet should be shoulder width apart
- standing tall, with shoulders back
- stomach should be tucked in
- your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders (not forward or back)
If you’re unsure whether your standing posture is correct ask your Chiro or Phyiso for pointers. Or ask a colleague to take a photo for you to review
Regularly alternating between sitting, standing and walking at work is important.
To chat with one of our Human Movement Co. professionals, book online today!