TNT Holistic Health Pty Ltd trading as Human Movement Co. (ABN 73 633 940 119) and our related entities (‘Human Movement Co.’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) are aware of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”) and are committed to protecting your personal information and privacy.
We take our obligations under the Act very seriously and understand that your privacy is important.
This policy describes how Human Movement Co. and our related entities collect and manage your personal information, medical history and all other sensitive information that may be obtained from engaging our services.
2) THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
When you engage Human Movement Co. to provide a service or contact us by email, telephone, in writing, or use any of our other services, including our website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. We may also collect information about you from other people and organisations as disclosed in this policy.
We only collect your personal information when we need it to provide our products and services, or to comply with the law. The kinds of information that we collect depends on what services you have engaged us or how you have contacted us. The information we are likely to collect includes but not limited to:
- name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, passport information, drivers licence details and other contact details;
- If you are a healthcare recipient: Preferred first name, your date of birth, gender, address (supply and mailing if different), occupation, emergency contact, Medicare number, concession details (where applicable), other forms of identification (such as driver’s licence or passport), your medical history, surgical history, and medication history, payment details, third-party billing information, and information about your use of our products and services
- If you are a SIRA workers compensation or motor vehicle accident healthcare recipient, in addition to the above: your case reference number, case manager’s name and contact details, referring General Practitioners contact details, any additional allied health practitioner details, employers contact details, description of the mechanism/cause of injury, description of pre-injury duties, description of current restricted duties, description of pre-injury activities of daily living, description of current restricted activities of daily living
- If you are an authorised representative on another person’s account: first name, last name, date of birth, telephone number, address and the relationship with our healthcare recipient.
- If you apply for a job with us: Information that you provide about your right to work, employment history, qualifications and ability.
- information we collect from providing you with our goods and services;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, subscribe to our mailing list or marketing information.
Information we collect from other people and/or Organisations:
- When you use our websites mobile apps and platforms: Your IP address, device identifiers and information about how you use our websites. We use web analytics services to do this, including Google Analytics, Google AdSense, DoubleClick, Adobe or Microsoft.
- When you participate in market research about us: Information about you and your responses from the service provider that conducted the research.
- When you engage with our affiliated partners: Your name, address and contact details, so we can contact you about products you may be interested in.
- When you engage with medical health practitioners or other allied health practitioners within our referral network: Your name, address and contact details, presenting injury/complaint and any pertinent information related to the injury/presenting complaint.
- If you are a business contact or sales product supplier for our healthcare recipients or service providers: Your name, job title and contact details.
3) SENSITIVE INFORMATION
The Act protects your sensitive information, such as information about your health or ethnicity. We may use and share your information for the purpose for which we collected it or for a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect. For example, to assist other members of your healthcare team (such as your GP) to make accurate decisions about your health.
If you require additional information regarding sensitive information or do not consent to the use of this information for any purpose, please contact us.
4) HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We use your information to deliver our products and services, manage our business and comply with the law. We also use your information for other reasons, such as to better understand you and your needs.
We collect and use your information, so we can:
- confirm your identity
- provide you with the products and services that you have asked for
- keep a record of your past presenting injuries/complaints, the management strategies used, and your response to those management strategies
- accurately make diagnostic and prognosis statements regarding an injury/presenting complaint
- communicate with you about your patient file, family members, current employment history
- improve healthcare recipient experience and do market research
- respond to applications, questions, requests or complaints that you have made to us
- handle payments and refunds
- if you have applied to work with us, assess your application
- investigate possible fraud and illegal activity
- Comply with laws, including communicating with referring allied health practitioners, medical practitioners, third-party insurance case managers, assisting government agencies and law enforcement investigations, and manage our business.
If we don’t have your personal information, we may not be able not be able to deliver the products or services you have asked for, respond to your questions, or accurately make diagnostic and prognosis statements regarding an injury/presenting complaint.
We may use your personal information to tell you about products or services that we think you might be interested in. We may send you marketing messages in various ways, including by mail, email, in person, telephone, SMS, and advertising through our apps, websites, or third-party websites.
We respect your right to ask us not to use your information for direct marketing and Human Movement Co. and the related companies will not send you information about products and services if you so request by contacting us directly using the contact details set out below. You may opt out from receiving electronic communications by following any prompts to do so that we may engage from time to time, or by writing to the Privacy Officer.
Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications.
6) DATA DISCLOSURE
Human Movement Co. may disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purposes for which it was collected such as those described above (i.e. for our business functions and activities);
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- where required or authorised by Australian Law, or to a court/tribunal; or
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent serious impact to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or safety.
We will not disclose your personal information for any other secondary purposes, unless your consent has been given or as required by law and we will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from you.
Where the Act permits us, we may from time to time disclose your personal information to organisations outside the Human Movement Co.. These organisations may include:
- other companies including: Cliniko, Finger Ink, FrontDesk, Health Engine, Xero, Pilgrim Communications, MailChip, and eFax, that help us deliver our products and services, or to migrate your service if you change service providers;
- with SIRA insurance investigators and/or case managers;
- with Health Insurance companies and their insurance investigators and/or case managers;
- with people that you have asked us to give your information to, such as your, medical practitioners, allied health practitioners, authorised representatives or legal advisors;
- if you have applied to work with us, with your previous employers to confirm your work history; and
- to comply with laws, and assist government agencies and law enforcement.
We also share personal information with people and organisations that help us with our business, such as professional advisors, IT support, and corporate and administrative services including debt collectors. We only do this where it’s needed for those services to be provided to us. When we do this, we take steps to require our service providers to protect your information.
7) KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We train our staff in how to keep your information safe and secure. We use secure systems and environments to hold your information and only keep your information for as long as we need it.
We use security procedures and modern technology to protect the personal information that we hold. Much of the information we hold is stored electronically in secure data centres owned by third parties located in Australia and Offshore. Access to and use of this information within Human Movement Co. is appropriately limited to protect from misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
8) ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We rely on you to provide us with accurate and up to date information about you. If there are any changes to your personal information during the course of dealing with us, you are responsible for advising us.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept up-to-date, accurate, complete and not misleading. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate, you can request that we update this information by contacting our Privacy Officer (details below).
We will correct information we hold about you if we discover, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, that the information is incorrect or inaccurate. If you seek a correction and we disagree that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with our reasons for taking that view.
9) ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can contact us to request access to the personal information that we hold about you. Generally, we will give you access to your personal information. However, there may be exclusions as permitted under the Act that apply that permit us to not provide you with access in some circumstances.
If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why unless, having regard to the grounds for refusal, it would be unreasonable for us to do so. You may make a complaint about a refusal to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You can also contact us to request that we correct personal information that we hold about you. Any request to access or correct information should be made to Human Movement Co. Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below and will be dealt with in accordance with the Act.
10) COOKIES AND WEBSITE
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on the Human Movement Co. websites to:
- manage advertising – we use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using; and
- traffic monitoring, we use tracking companies to gather information about how people are using the Human Movement Co. site, this information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site.
Cookies may also be used for other purposes on the Human Movement Co. site but in each case none of the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
If you visit the Human Movement Co. website to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. These website logs are not personally identifiable and Human Movement Co. makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
You may also encounter cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of our website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such cookies.
11) MAKING A PRIVACY COMPLAINT
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information or think that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Act, you may make a complaint by contacting our Privacy Officer at the contact details listed below. We will respond to complaints within a reasonable time (generally 30 days).
If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
12) CONTACT US
To ask us a question, access your personal information, request a correction to your personal information, make a complaint, or get a copy of this policy you can do so by any of the following communications:
Attention: The Privacy Officer
In writing: Human Movement Co.
56 Norton St, Leichhardt NSW 2040
Phone: (02) 9550 0497
By Email: email@example.com
We will endeavour to ensure your questions or concerns are handled by our Privacy Officer in an appropriate and reasonable manner.