We all know the core building blocks for achieving mental health are quality sleep, food and exercise. But there are skills we can master beyond the physical domain.
- Connect authentically – maintaining genuine relationships where you are engaging authentically and not just because you ‘have to’ elevates your happiness and mental health.
- Practice Mindfulness – Practice being fully engaged and present in any given moment. Feel your breath, soften your gaze become aware of your five senses without distraction, interpretation of judgement.
- Learn new skills – Trying different activities and discovering new things you’re good at is exercise for you brain. It helps improve cognitive function such as concentration, attention to detail, memory recall and problem solving.
- Embrace the power of no – Retain the power of making choices for yourself. Establish healthy boundaries and enable others to have clarity about what they can expect from you.
- Spend time in nature – Grow your own food, spend time with animals, exercise outdoors or go swimming in the ocean. Whatever you jam may be, the mental benefits of spending time in green space are boundless!
To chat with one of our Human Movement Co. professionals, book online today!